Second generation pharmacist Simon Reynolds started Pharmacy Alliance in 2002, with specific goals in mind:
- Empower independent pharmacies by increasing their profits
- Provide innovative and effective retail tools and services to pharmacies
Pharmacy Alliance – a proud history of firsts
- Centralise OTC and dispensary purchasing
- Provide electronic OTC ordering
- Give maximum discounts on minimum order quantities across the entire pharmacy, every day of the year
- Conduct a generic tender by molecule, providing a tiered multi-generic offer to members
- Provide a team of retail experts to further grow members’ profits
- Provide pharmacy investment opportunities for pharmacists
History and values
Pharmacy Alliance Innovations:
- Electronic OTC ordering
- Everyday contract pricing
- Maximum discounts on minimum quantities
- A generic tender by molecule.
Pharmacy Alliance Membership Benefits:
- Industry leading trading terms
- Improved cashflow
- Increased GP across the entire store
- More time to serve customers.
Pharmacy Group Managers – Another Pharmacy First
Retail experts called Pharmacy Group Managers (PGMs) complete the picture. The PGMs help stores maximise their membership and improve their GP and profit. This unique mix of better buying and retail expertise saw Pharmacy Alliance grow rapidly. Backed by a comprehensive marketing program, Pharmacy Alliance truly became ‘better than a banner and much more than a buying group’. In 2004 Pharmacy Alliance moved to Melbourne. In 2007 Pharmacy Alliance signed up the 100th member. Today, Pharmacy Alliance has over 650 members and continues to grow.
The Generic Tender – Another Pharmacy First
2008 saw Pharmacy Alliance innovate again – conducting a Generic Tender. A first in pharmacy, the Generic Tender was done by molecule on volumes of $80 million p.a. The Generic Tender became known as PAGM (Pharmacy Alliance Generic Module). 2010 saw PAGM undergo major improvements. The new PAGM has hundreds of molecules on the best available discount.
With Pharmacy Alliance ethical trading terms, PAGM takes dispensary gross profits to new levels.